Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cali's


I'll say this: I'm surprised the reviews on Google for Cali's aren't better. It's one of my favorite places. They've got great lo mein, delicious big bowl soups, and the "pan-Asian" fare like cashew chicken or whatever.

I had a streak of ordering the almond chicken (ugh, perfectly roasted almond slicesss), but I almost always go with the tofu lo mein. Might not be the best tofu, but it's fast, full of veggies, and they'll make it real-spicy for you instead of just Minnesota-spicy.

And, yeah, the greenhouse dining area is tacky and weird -- well so am I! It's in my neighborhood, and everybody that works there is really nice and remembers me. Last time I went, they didn't even give me a menu; she knew I wasn't gonna look at it anyway. Plus they switched to really nice chopsticks... but then again they got rid of the Chinese zodiac placemats. Still my favorite!

Why are woks so expensive?! Want: Scanpan CTX Nonstick Wok with Rack and Sticks, 12.75 inch - 12.75"

Mostly I just wanted to post that picture of me because I think it's funny. A little bit cross-eyed, mouth open like ALWAYS -- but I look badass eating with chopsticks.

No comments: